PERS service must be part of a home care plan in order for Medicaid to pay for it. It is not a standalone service. It may also be provided along with personal care aide services if it will reduce the number of aide hours needed or will alleviate the need to increase aide hours.
Provider:Rensselaer County Home Care Unit
Provider Address:Rensselaer County Administration Building, 547 River St, Troy, NY, 12180-
Eligiblity:Home Care’s General Eligibility
- Reside in Rensselaer county
- Reside in your own home or the home of another
- Under certain circumstances, reside in an adult home or other non-Medicaid funded group home
- Have a physician who will certify medical necessity for home care services
- Have a stable medical condition
- Agree to receive services
- A referral must be made to the Home Care Unit by the client, family member, doctor’s office, hospital, nursing home, or other community agencies.
- Prospective clients must want and agree to the services to be provided.
- Physician Order form will be sent to MD for medical necessity certification.
- Upon receipt of completed Physician order form, a joint assessment of the client will be conducted by the Home Care Unit caseworker and a nurse from a certified home health agency.
- A determination of the scope, frequency and duration of necessary services will be made by the caseworker and nurse.
- A referral will be made to contract agencies for services requested.
- The department will provide periodic monitoring of services provided.
- A reassessment of need will be done every 3-6 months depending on the program.
Last Update:7/2/2020 1:47 PM